For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, A London Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
Personal information is received from you for example when you (1) register to use this website (2) sign up to a mailing list or to receive a service, (3) create an account, (4) purchase a product or service from us, (5) participate in a survey or (5) email us or post content on our social media pages.
The type of personal information collected will include (as applicable) username, password, postal address, billing address, and telephone number.] Credit card information used to pay for purchases is not accessible to us.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide goods or improve and personalise our service.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for purposes including:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below
- fraud prevention and detection
- billing and order fulfilment
- credit scoring and credit checking—see ‘Credit checking’, below
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you
- security vetting, and
- improving our services
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by email or text message about products, services, promotions or special offers that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our agents and service providers, who are only allowed to use the information in order to enable us to fulfil our services to you and the information is not supplied for their own, permanent, use
- credit reference agents—see ‘Credit checking’, below
- where required by law in response to a court order or other legal process
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
To enable us to make credit decisions about you and members of your household and for fraud prevention and anti-money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies (who will record the search). We may disclose information about how you conduct your account to such agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. Other credit grantors may use this information to make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, as well as for fraud prevention, debtor tracing and money laundering purposes. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad, and
Transfers of data out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data to countries which are located outside the European Economic Area, for the purpose of processing orders. Any transfer of your data will be subject to a European Commission approved contract that will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
Links to Third parties
Our contact details
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 787 1421
You may correct, update and delete personal information if it changes by sending an email to email@example.com, providing enough information to identify you. You warrant that information you give us is true and accurate